Not a week goes by that I don't reach for my trusty cast iron skillet. The simple tool helps get meals on the table easily and efficiently (plus, I get a little arm workout every time I pull the heavy thing out from the cabinet). While its main use in my kitchen is to churn out lots of one-pan dinners, it doesn't get put away after the dishes are washed. It often stays put through dessert, since it works wonders at baking things like brownies and cakes, too.
These 25 recipes show just how versatile the cast iron skillet can be.
Vegetarian Skillet Dinners
Meatless mains come together without fuss, thanks to a trusty cast iron skillet. Not only can it help churn out gooey mac and cheese, but it also makes individual pan pizza a possibility.
- Skillet Mac and Cheese
- Skillet Ratatouille Cobbler
- How To Make Stovetop Skillet Pizza
- Gnocchi Skillet with Sweet Potatoes, Greens & Goat Cheese
Meaty Skillet Dinners
Since cast iron skillets can be used on both the stovetop and in the oven, you can sear a few pieces of chicken, add some veggies or rice to the situation, and cook everything all together in the oven. That's one-pan dinner magic.
- Jerk Chicken Skillet Dinner
- Broccolini, Chicken Sausage, and Orzo Skillet
- Fried Potatoes and Sausage Skillet
- Gnocchi Skillet with Chicken Sausage & Tomatoes
- One-Skillet Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- Tuscan Chicken and Mushroom Skillet
- Weeknight Skillet Lasagna
- One-Skillet Salsa Pork Chops
- Philly Cheesesteak Pasta Skillet
- Southwest Skillet Ragu
Sweet Skillet Desserts
A cast iron skillet's job doesn't stop at dinner. Let it work a little harder for you to churn out sweet favorites like gooey brownies and warm apple crisp.