If there's one thing we know everyone loves, it's getting a sneak peek at how other readers have transformed their kitchens. And the only thing that can make those before-and-after posts better? When they are done on a tiny budget.
Here are 10 of our favorite transformations from this year that didn't break the bank. If we can glean one piece of advice from all these renovations, it's that a can of paint can work wonders.
- Making Do with a Few Small Changes: It's amazing what a few coats of paint can do. This couple brightened their kitchen by covering the multicolored brick, and added some personality by painting their cabinets green.
- A 1960s Studio Kitchen Gets a Budget Makeover: This tiny kitchen was remodeled to help an Atlanta charity that teaches foster children how to live on their own. Our favorite part of the upgrade? The counter and the backsplash, which were painted to look like faux marble.
- A Custom Cabinet Upgrade for $250: Not only did Alexandria paint her cabinets to make them fit her style, she also built them up to the ceiling and added molding for a classic look.
- A Super Budget Makeover for $500: The biggest challenge in this kitchen makeover? Dealing with the floors. Homeowner Shauna noted that doing the sanding, sealing, and staining of the floors was grueling, but it helped her stick to her $500 budget.
- A 3-Day, $200 Kitchen Makeover: Think you're stuck with gross countertops? Think again! You can paint them to give your kitchen a completely fresh look.
- A Rental Kitchen Gets a Glam Makeover: Yes, Catharine might have the most agreeable landlord ever, since he let her paint her cabinets a glossy black. We love how luxe this makes her apartment kitchen feel. Plus, open shelving will always be a win in our book.
- A Fresh $150 Kitchen Makeover: We have yet to find a kitchen that can't be made to feel bigger and lighter just by painting the cabinets white. Of course adding a pop of color (like the teal backs to these open cabinets) helps add a little personality.
- A Gradual Renovation on a Budget: Remodeling takes a lot of patience, especially if you aren't able to afford all the changes you want to make in one fell swoop. Focus on the things that will make the biggest impact, like replacing outdated appliances and painting or refinishing the cabinets.
- This Kitchen Got a Facelift for Just $65!: If you want a really dramatic difference, consider using gel stain on your cabinets. That's how this homeowner was able to get such a glossy black finish on her kitchen cabinets.
- A Dark 1960s Kitchen Gets a Bright $185 Facelift: The fastest way to rescue a dated kitchen? Paint it white. That's just what these homeowners did to make their 1960s kitchen feel much fresher for less than $200.
* * *