Who among us can't relate to this giant swarm of bees that's currently being gently suctioned off of this Times Square hot dog cart by an unbelievably calm member of the NYPD? Anyone? Anyone at all?
If this apocalyptic image speaks to you, maybe you've been lured to Times Square by the siren song of a street cart hot dog at least once in your lifetime? (*Raises hand.*) This is an example of herd mentality at its finest.
We can't help but wonder what the bees are trying to tell us — other than stay far away from Times Square (which we knew already) — but here are some guesses.
- "Step right up, humans. This is wings-down the best hot dog cart in Manhattan."
- "Don't worry, bee happy. Cause every little hot dog, is gonna be just alright."
- "The end of the world is nigh, so we wanted to check Times Square off our Bucket List."
- "We've been on strike ever since Walmart started making drone bees."
- "If you put ketchup on your hot dog you should be ashamed."
If you're concerned about the bees' wellbeing (wellbeeing?), NYPD Police Commissioner James O'Neill assured concerned citizens everywhere by announcing that the bees were being handled "humanely and safely."
Here are some of the best tweets to come out of this buzz-worthy situation.
[CARRIE V/O]: As Miranda walked through Times Square to meet her honey, she found something even better—an impromptu Bumble date.— Daniel D'Addario (@DPD_) August 28, 2018
MIRANDA: This hot dog tastes like bees
let the bees have times square— sonia saraiya (@soniasaraiya) August 28, 2018
First we were blessed with Pizza Rat, and now we have Hot Dog Bees. Man, I love New York!
Who wants a street cart hot dog?