Beer for Dessert: 5 Great Beers to End a Meal! Beer Sessions
Dessert beers are ones that you linger over long after the dishes have been cleared. We like them to have lots of rich and complex flavors that we can pair with a piece of cake or have as dessert all by itself. Sometimes we want a sweet beer, but more often, we just want something well-crafted and fantastic.
1. La Fin du Monde from Unibroue Brewing (Belgian-Style Tripel) – Spicy and fruity golden beer with a smooth, creamy mouthfeel.
2. Imperial White from Sam Adams (Imperial Witbier) – Super intense, like a concentrated Belgian witbier. Flavors of ripe stone fruit, candy, and warm spices with a syrupy slickness.
3. Bigfoot Barleywine from Sierra Nevada (American Barleywine) – Citrusy and highly hopped, but with layers of chewy caramel and stewed fruit to balance.
4. Curieux from Allagash Brewing Company (Barrel-Aged Ale) – Tripel-style ale aged in Jim Beam barrels. The result is a fruity, smooth beer with hints of vanilla and, yes, bourbon!
5. Jah-Va from Southern Tier Brewing Company (Imperial Stout) – Brewed with actual coffee, this beer is like a shot of espresso over ice. (Also, try their Mokah!)
What beers do you like to sip after a meal?