Basics & Beyond: 20 Delicious Ways To Cook Chicken for Dinner
What do you reach for, when shopping for chicken? Boneless skinless breasts? Thighs? A whole chicken, legs and all? Chicken is the second most consumed meat in America, just behind beef, thanks to its affordability and ease of cooking. We love how easy it is to find organic, free-range chickens these days; it seems to be the most affordable way to eat sustainable, well-raised meat. But what to do with that wholesome chicken when you bring it home? Do you get in a chicken rut? Well, we’re here to offer some fresh ideas from our rich archive of chicken recipes.
Whatever cut of chicken you have, and whether you’re cooking on the stovetop, in the oven, on the grill, or in the slow cooker, there’s something here for you! From French onion braised chicken, to green coconut chicken curry, to healthier “fried” chicken, to a lemon-brushed roasted bird, here are 20 delicious ways to eat chicken for supper tonight.
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN
• 15 Slow-Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken
• 16 Chicken Tagine with Apricots, Almonds & Chickpeas
• 17 Barbecue Shredded Chicken from the Oven or Slow Cooker
• 18 How to Cook Moist & Tender Chicken Breasts Every Time
• 19 How To Roast a Chicken
• 20 How To Make Homemade Chicken Stock
How To Get More Out of a Rotisserie Chicken
• One Woman, One Rotisserie Chicken, and Five Days: A Menu Plan
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)