We love stopping in at the neighborhood bakery for a special dessert. But it's not just about the sweets - the setting is wonderful, too. How can we recreate such a feeling in our own home kitchen? These are a few touches that can bring some of that feeling home:
• 1 Not just for bathrooms, we've spotted hex mosaic floor tile in more than a few bakeries. Here's one home kitchen that followed the example set by bakeries and cafes.
• 2 Here's hex tile in a Culver City cafe posted by Laure, which could provide inspiration for many a home kitchen.
• 3 Show off your goods bakery-style with a cupcake stand like this one from Williams-Sonoma, $30.
• 4 Narrow open shelves with cups lining the walls, warm wood work surfaces, and straightforward metal lamp shades are just a few ques we could take from the beautiful Heaven bakery.
• 5 Share your "house" specials with a chalkboard surface somewhere in the kitchen for one more straight-from-the-bakery detail.
Related: Pastry Marble Slabs