Baked Goods (& Butter) for the Thanksgiving Bread Basket
What with all the talk of turkey, sweet potatoes, and pie, bread is often a last-minute decision for Thanksgiving. Who needs bread when there’s stuffing? Well, in my family, that is not the case. My mom’s potato dough rolls are one of the most coveted (and hoarded) items on the table. Bread seems essential on Thanksgiving, to sop up leftover gravy and to slather with homemade butter. Here are a few good bread recipes from the archives to fill out your table (and the bread basket).
• 1 No-Knead Bread in a Hurry – Fast, easy, tastes like artisan bread of the highest quality.
• 2 No-Time Bread – Even faster yeast bread.
• 3 Cheddar and Chiles Bread – A no-knead recipe.
• 4 Double Corn Bread with Smoked Mozzarella and Sun-Dried Tomatoes – Cornbread goes very well with most Thanksgiving dishes!
• 5 Yeast-raised Cornbread – From 101 Cookbooks.
• 6 Potato Dough Rolls – My mom’s recipe. Totally delicious.
• 7 Parmesan Rolls – A simple recipe from Gourmet.
• 8 Touch of Grace biscuits – Utterly irresistible biscuits from Shirley Corriher (by way of Orangette).
• 9 Angel Biscuits – Can’t decide between rolls and biscuits? Try these yeasted biscuits.
• 10 Two-Ingredient Biscuits – If you’re really in a hurry!
What about you? Do you have bread on the Thanksgiving table, or do you think it’s overkill? If there’s a bread basket, what’s in it?
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits.)