Even Salad Is Better With Bacon: 10 Bacon-Spiked Salad Recipes
I attended a wedding recently where bacon was a big topic of conversation at the dinner table (always a sign of a good wedding!). The question was whether or not bacon drippings and bacon were overkill on a green salad. I leaned towards the side of restraint while others dove right in with tales of bacon indulgence. Here are 10 salads that take bacon and run with it.
Bacon certainly makes most things taste better, and a simple salad of greens or frisee comes alive with a few bit sprinkled throughout. But what about a carrot or zucchini salad featuring bacon? How about beet salad and bacon? A little research unearthed a whole world of bacon-loving salad eaters out there. Are you one of them?
Try a Recipe:
• City State’s Diner Wedge Salad – The Kitchn
• Layered Salad – The Pioneer Woman
• Classic Cobb Salad – Smitten Kitchen
• Beet Salad with Crispy Leeks and Bacon – Big Girls Small Kitchen
• Candied Bacon Green Salad – Jamie Oliver
• Spinach Salad Recipe with Bacon and Feta – Kalyn’s Kitchen
• Frisee Salad With Warm Bacon Vinaigrette – Martha Stewart
• Blue Cheese Coleslaw (with Bacon) – Bon Appetit
• Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Raisins – Pinch My Salt
• Grilled Zucchini and Sweet Potato Salad – Perry’s Plate
(Image: Leela Cyd)