Apple Chips: Five Delicious Uses
How are you enjoying the abundance of apples this season? Alongside the fifteen apple recipes we featured yesterday, we have been making batches of apple chips. Most of them are destined for snacking, but here are five other ways we like using apple chips to add a bit of natural sweetness and autumnal flair.
• Oatmeal: Sweet but not sticky, apple chips are perfect for office drawers and DIY instant oatmeal mixes.
• Salad: Make a green salad more interesting with the addition of apple chips, toasted nuts, and cheese.
• Tea: For a lightly sweet drink, steep one or two apple chips in a mug with hot water and a cinnamon stick. You can also add black tea, cloves, and honey.
Any other ideas? Please share in the comments!
To make apple chips, see:
• How to Dry Fruit in the Oven
• Looking at Microwave Potato Chips (it works with apples, too!)