There used to be so many reasons not to make ice cream — you didn't have an ice cream maker, you thought dairy fat was the devil, it takes too long, the ice cream shops always make it better — well, none of that is true anymore and it's still summertime, so no more excuses. It's time to make ice cream!
I'm not sure if you noticed, but we're huge fans of homemade ice cream here at The Kitchn. We love making ice cream year-round, but especially in summer when its frosty and creamy magic is most needed.
Making ice cream used to be a bit of a project, but all that has changed now that decent ice cream makers are easy to find and fairly inexpensive. And even if you don't have an ice cream maker, the no-churn revolution is still going strong.
Still have some doubts? Let us convince you!
Don't Have an Ice Cream Maker? You Don't Need One!
- 5 Tips for Making Ice Cream Without an Ice Cream Maker
- How To Make No-Cook, No-Churn, 2-Ingredient Ice Cream
- Jeni Britton Bauer Shows How To Make Ice Cream in a Food Processor
- How To Make Ice Cream Without an Ice Cream Machine: An Easy, Foolproof Method
Don't Eat Dairy? You Don't Need It!
- How To Make Dreamy Dairy-Free Vegan Ice Cream
- 3-Ingredient Healthy Ice Cream
- Recipe Review: Rick Bayless' Dairy Free Avocado Ice Cream
- Lactose Intolerance Got You Down? 10 Dairy-Free Ice Cream Recipes
Need Something Quick and Fun?
- Extra-Quick No-Cook Meyer Lemon Ice Cream
- Raspberry Kulfi: Extra-Easy 3-Ingredient Ice Cream
- These Funfetti Ice Cream Sandwiches Make Me So Happy
Just Need to Find Your Flavor?
- Dark, Milk & Cocoa: 7 Recipes for Chocolate Ice Cream
- Explosive Recipe! Strawberry Ice Cream with White Chocolate-Covered Pop Rocks
- 12 Reasons Homemade Ice Cream Is the Best
- 20 Irresistible Ice Cream Recipes to Cool You Down
- The Absolutely, Positively, Best Way to Make a Perfect Ice Cream Sandwich
- How To Make an Ice Cream Cake (Even Better than Dairy Queen!)
- Smoked Salt to Passion Fruit Curd: 18 Ice Cream Toppings for a Grown-Up Sundae