Android Apps For The Home Cook, Part I
In one of my previous posts about iPhone apps for home cooks, a reader commented and mentioned it would be nice to see a similar roundup of Android apps. I thought that was a great idea, so here is Round One of Android apps for the home cook!
• USDA Food Database – nutritional information for over 75,000 types of food.
• What To Cook – a helpful meal planner.
• Chinese Cooking Videos – a portable video guide to cooking many popular Chinese dishes.
• Meat Cooking Reference – a guide for cooking various meats (beef, lamb, pork, etc.) in different environments – stove, oven, grill.
• Cooking Conversions – Over 300 cooking conversions including volume, temperature, weight, oven and yeast conversions.
• Cook’s Cheat Sheet – a cheat sheet for busy cooks.
(Image: Kathryn Hill)