I'm just gonna and say it: The best part of going to the grocery store is all the free samples. My parents will call to tell me they're going out to lunch on random days and I've since learned that's code for, "We're going to Costco to eat the free samples." Although my local grocery store doesn't have samples all that often (what's the deal, Price Chopper?), I do appreciate when they happen. It's a great way to learn about new snacks, sauces, yogurts, and more — without committing to a purchase.
Of course, if you're an avid Amazon shopper, the free sample is even more elusive. Until now.
The retailer has just launched a new program for Prime members, called Prime Samples.
Sign up: Amazon Prime
Here's how it works: You do have to buy each sample, but for each one you purchase, you'll receive a credit equal to the price you paid for the sample. Credits can then be used toward purchases of full-sized products. (Fun fact: Everything seems to be $2. You can also get a themed sample box — from all one brand, for example — for $7.99.)
Sample options span all the major categories including grocery, beauty, grooming, pets, personal care, household, and more. Here's a look at a few of the samples we were excited to see on the site.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate RX Bars, $2 each
- Wickedly Prime Coconut Toffee Roasted Cashews, $2 for 1.5 ounces
- Earnest Eats Hot & Fit Cereal Superfood Blueberry Chia, $2 for 2.35 ounces
- AmazonFresh Fair Trade Organic Peru Coffee, $2 for 1.75 ounces
- Pur Gum, $2 for .5 ounces
- Peanut Butter & Co Peanut Butter Smooth Operator Squeeze Packs, $2 for 1.15 ounces
- Epic Turkey Strip, $2 for .8 ounces
- Kind Fruit Bites, $2 for .6 ounces
2 Other Amazon Surprises
Have you tried this? What did you think? Tell us in the comments below!