Alton Brown on Eating at Home and Eating Light
At this point in time, you’d be hard pressed to find someone out there who isn’t in love with the fun-loving cross between Mr. Wizard and Julia Child — Alton Brown. Recently, Alton has taken a stand against the unfit-physiques he’s seen in chefs (himself included), and trimmed down. How did he do it?
Though we’ll be fans of Alton no matter what size he is, we have to give a nod to his stance on the decline of health in America. His focus on teaching others to eat right and more importantly in moderation with healthy items is one that seems to be done with a great deal of passion and care for his TV audience and for himself. His Good Eats episode walks you through a bit of his weight loss journey and how he lost 50lbs over the last year.
1. Daily Eats: Fruits, Whole Grains, Leafy Greens, Nuts, Carrots, and Green Tea.
2. Foods To Eat 3 Times A Week: Oily Fish, Yogurt, Broccoli, Sweet Potato, and Avocado.
3. Foods To Eat 1 Time A Week: Red Meat, Dessert, Pasta and Alcohol
4. Zero Times A Week: Fast Food, Soda, Processed Meals, Canned Soups and “Diet” Anything
We like his break down and although it’s easy to say all things should be eaten in moderation, it’s nice from time to time to have a visual guideline to help you along. How closely does your daily diet compare to Alton’s?
Share your thoughts on this crucial episode below!
• Related: Good Eats: Chickpea Stir-Fry and Alton Brown