Allergy-Free and Easy Cooking by Cybele Pascal
For individuals and families with food allergies, going out to eat or ordering takeout is not always an option, even if the cook is busy or tired. Cybele Pascal’s Allergy-Free and Easy Cooking offers a solution with recipes for homey comfort foods and restaurant favorites that can be on the table in 30 minutes or less.
• Who wrote it: Cybele Pascal
• Who published it: Ten Speed Press
• Number of recipes: 75
• Recipes for right now: Creamy Mac ‘n’ Cheese, Homemade Gnocchi, SunButter Dan Dan Noodles, Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry, Chicken Mole Soft Tacos, Chicken Nuggets and Sweet Potato Fries
• Other highlights: In Allergy-Free and Easy Cooking, Cybele Pascal shares recipes that are free of gluten, wheat, dairy, eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, and sesame. About one-third of the recipes are originally vegan or can be made without meat. The recipes are geared toward simple, comforting foods such as soups, pasta, and casseroles, plus “takeout at home” dishes like pizza, tacos, and Chinese food. If you or your kids miss being able to eat these foods, you’ll find lots of old favorites to recreate.
An additional chapter on stocking your kitchen includes pantry items and equipment that make it easier to cook quick, allergy-free meals. This should be especially helpful for those who are new to the lifestyle.
• Who would enjoy this book? people with allergies to gluten, wheat, dairy, eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, and sesame; parents and other busy home cooks; comfort food lovers
Find the book at your local library, independent bookstore, or Amazon: Allergy-Free and Easy Cooking by Cybele Pascal
• Visit the author’s website: Cybele Pascal
Apartment Therapy Media makes every effort to test and review products fairly and transparently. The views expressed in this review are the personal views of the reviewer and this particular product review was not sponsored or paid for in any way by the manufacturer or an agent working on their behalf. However, the manufacturer did give us the product for testing and review purposes.
(Images: Emily Ho)