All About Olive Oil: Recipes and Favorite Tips
Can you imagine Italian food without olive oil? No, we can’t either — it’s so integral to the cuisine! Here’s a look back at some of our favorite posts on green, golden, delicious olive oil — from favorite brands to olive oil cakes to a discussion of how much you should expect to pay for a bottle.
Buying, Storing, and Tasting Olive Oil
• Supermarket Saver: How Much to Pay for Olive Oil?
• Understanding Olive Oil Labels
• How to Taste Olive Oil
• Does Olive Oil Really Expire or Go Bad?
• What Is Your Favorite Finishing Olive Oil?
• What Is the Best Way To Store Olive Oil?
• Good Question: Mild Olive Oil
• Hurrah! New US Olive Oil Standards
• Kitchen Keeping: Put Your Olive Oil on a Coaster
• The Great Olive Oil Scam. Don’t Be Duped.
Favorite Olive Oils
Cooking with Olive Oil
Olive Oil Recipes
• Herbed Olive Oil Fantail Rolls
• Simple Appetizer: Fresh Veggies with Olive Oil and Sea Salt
• Vegan Olive Oil Mayonnaise
• Dangerously Addictive Olive Oil Granola
• Orange-Scented Olive Oil Cake from Saveur (pictured above)
• Zucchini and Olive Breakfast Cake, French-Style (pictured above)
• Chocolate Mousse with Olive Oil and Sea Salt
• Homemade Popcorn with Olive Oil
• Lemon Olive Oil Cake
• Fresh Mozzarella Toasts with Spicy Herb Oil
Do you have a favorite brand of olive oil, or a favorite recipe or tip to go along with it?
(Images: Gregory Han; Faith Durand; Progressive; Gregory Han; Faith Durand)