Your Aldi Is About to Start Carrying a Bunch of New Products
While we were sleeping, Aldi made a surprising and fun announcement: “With an emphasis on fresh, organic, and easy-to-prepare options, 20 percent of products in every ALDI store will be new and its fresh food category is increasing by 40 percent,” a press release explains, comparing the offerings to last year.
Some of the new stuff that will be on offer? Private-label kombucha (!!!), veggie noodles, organic meats, kale and quinoa crunch burgers, gluten-free bagels, and more.
These new products are part of the company’s plan to invest more than $5 billion to remodel and expand its store count to 2,500 by the end of 2022. (There are currently 1,800 stores in the United States).
Now, let’s a look a closer look at these new products, which will be rolling out between now and early 2019.
- There will be more ready-to-cook and organic fresh meats to help you save time during meal prep. We’re talking organic chicken breasts and marinated cilantro lime chicken breasts.
- The produce selection will be expanded to include veggie noodles and ready-to-eat sliced fruits, like mango, pineapple, and watermelon spears.
- The vegetarian and vegan line of Earth Grown products will soon include kale and quinoa crunch burgers and chicken-less tenders.
- The refrigerated section will have more offerings for grab-and-go convenience, including single-serve guacamole and organic hummus, plus fresh fruit and vegetable snack packs.
- There will be fresh organic salsa, antipasti salad, gourmet olives, and calzones!
- There will be more drinks and refrigerated beverages including strawberry kefir and kombucha.
- You’ll find more easy-to-prepare meal starters, including quinoa bowls and premium pasta sauces.
- The baked goods area will have more options (think: white and whole-wheat pita breads, sourdough loaves, and gluten-free bagels).
- Giving Aldi one of the country’s largest selections of private-label milk alternatives, stores will have organic almond milk, coconut milk, and a full range of lactose-free and soy milk.
More on Aldi
What do you think? Are you as excited as we are? Kombucha at Aldi!? We’ve gotta try it!