10 Aldi Dinner Staples I’m Buying on Repeat This Year
It’s time to clear the holiday clutter from the entire house, and that includes the kitchen. I love the thrill of discovering new products, but right now I am focused on restocking my pantry with dinnertime staples for every night of the week.
As an avid Aldi shopper, I know I can count on the discount market to have high-quality groceries under its many private-label brands and a few big name brands too. The best part is that I know when I slide that quarter into the cart, my pantry (and fridge! And freezer!) will be full without bursting my budget. These are the 10 dinner items I’m adding to my shopping list.
1. Kirkwood Breaded Chicken Breast Fillets, $7.99 for 24 ounces
These frozen fillets of breaded chicken have been impressing Kitchn editors for years. The chicken is surprisingly juicy with a flavorful garlic and paprika-spiked breading. Air-fry or oven-bake them for copycat restaurant chicken sandwiches, honey mustard salad toppers, quick chicken Parmesan, and more.
2. Earth Grown Extra Firm Organic Tofu, $1.69 for 14 ounces
I started eating more tofu in 2022 and it is a habit I am bringing into 2023. I gave tofu many treatments — tearing, freezing, grilling, etc. — and I’ve yet to tire of it. The best part is that no matter what flavors I want or the time of day, tofu is up to the challenge. Need proof? For breakfast, swap eggs for an easy tofu scramble; settle into the evening with crispy tofu noodle bowls or slow cooker mapo tofu.
3. Pueblo Lindo Queso Fresco, $2.39 for 10 ounces
4. Simply Nature Organic Chicken Broth or Less-Sodium Chicken Broth, $1.75 for 32 ounces
5. Specially Selected Italian Bread, $3.49 for 16 ounces
6. Burman’s Hot Sauce, $2.05 for 12 ounces
7. Priano Bronze Cut Pasta, $1.99 for 16 ounces
8. Simply Nature Organic 100% Grass-Fed Ground Beef, $5.29 for 16 ounces
9. Tuscan Garden Ranch Salad Dressing Mix, 50 cents for 1 ounce
10. Priano Herb Chicken or Three Cheese Tortellini, $6.29 for 20 ounces
When a 30-minute meal is more time than I have to put dinner on the table, I reach for refrigerated tortellini. These fresh, filled pastas require a short swim in boiling water before they are ready to serve. Toss them with steamed frozen veggies and a shower of salty cheese, serve them in a soup, or tossed with a creamy sauce.
What are your favorite dinner staples to buy at Aldi? Tell us in the comments below!