The theme of the month, here at The Kitchn, is Escapes! We are dreaming about getting away to Italy, eating gelato in the city or fresh mozzarella in the country. We are thinking about all the great foods of the world that we have yet to try, and new things we'd like to experience. Today we're kicking off this month of Escapes with two recipe roundups: one from Asia, and one from Italy!
We love the fresh, improvisational nature of much Italian cooking. It always seems so right for summer, so fresh and vibrant. Here is a look back at 15 Italian-inspired recipes from our archives.
• 1 Pork Loin Spiedino with Pine Nut, Garlic, and Currant Soffritto
• 2 Homemade Thin Crust Pizza
• 3 Spinach, White Bean, and Taleggio Pizza
• 4 Easy Ricotta Gnocchi
• 5 Basic Tomato Sauce (with Optional Zing!)
• 6 Eggplant Caponata Sandwiches with Mozzarella
• 7 Paul's Uova In Purgatorio
• 8 Spaghetti with Mascarpone, Meyer Lemon, Spinach, and Hazelnuts
• 9 Velvety Broccoli and Feta Pasta
• 10 Caprese Salad
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)