A Recipe for Quick Homemade Hard Cider
Every week we bring you our favorite posts from our friends at Serious Eats, and this week we were riveted by this easy recipe for homemade hard cider — our new favorite alcoholic beverage. Read on for this, some sweet glazed lemon-almond cookies, and Paula Deen’s recipe for homemade Kit-Kat bars.
• The Cider Press: Quick Homemade Hard Cider – All you need is time, apple cider, a little yeast. You can do it right in the original bottle, too.
• A Fresh Look at Apricot Brandy – An old-fashioned liqueur makes a comeback.
• Serious Sweets: Glazed Lemon-Almond Cookie – Lovely little cookies.
• Edible DIY: Paula Deen’s Homemade Kit Kat Bars – Over the top, as you might expect!
• Eat For Eight Bucks: Black Bean And Sweet Potato Chili – Warm, nourishing, cheap, and yummy.
Previous Good Eats: Making Tofu at Hodo Soy Beanery in Oakland, CA
(Image: Christopher Lehault/Serious Eats)