Looking for a snack that fills you up and fuels you well? The humble hard-boiled egg is a small powerhouse of nutrition, but easily overlooked. We're upgrading the boiled egg in 10 sexy, spicy, flavor-jammed ways for better snacking.
It's easy to liven up a basic hard-boiled egg when you let your love of Buffalo wings guide you. Give breakfast a boost with a one-two punch from a drizzle of fiery hot sauce plus the creamy tangy of crumbled blue cheese.
First, Make Your Hard-Boiled Eggs
Before you can transform your basic hard-boiled egg into a satisfying snack or quick meal, you've got to cook it. There are a couple methods — choose the one that's best for you.
1. On the stovetop: This is a classic cooking method for making hard-boiled eggs, and the one we lean on when cooking just a few eggs at a time. One the pot of eggs comes to a boil, remove it from the heat, and set a timer to get the eggs cooked just the way you like them.
- For firm yet still creamy hard-boiled eggs: 7 minutes
- For very firm hard-boiled eggs: 9 minutes
- For firm yet still creamy hard-boiled eggs: 7 to 8 minutes
- For very firm hard-boiled eggs: 9 to 10 minutes
Make Buffalo-Style Boiled Eggs
Cut a peeled hard-boiled egg into slices. Drizzle with hot sauce and top with about one tablespoon of crumbled blue cheese.
Upgrade a Hard-Boiled Egg
All it takes is a little inspiration to transform a hard-boiled egg from a basic peel-and-eat snack to one that's supremely satisfying — even meal-worthy! This series will open your eyes to all the ways to upgrade the beloved hard-boiled egg with the help of no more than three basic pantry ingredients.