Yesterday I shared the party plan and menu for my Halloween gathering, and today I'm talking music. While there might be a lot of songs for Christmas and Valentine's Day, there simply aren't enough songs aimed at Halloween. Surprised? Neither was I. I just wanted something fun, danceable, and on-theme. Was that too hard to ask?
After only being able to find Halloween songs that were intended for kids (or just way too goofy), I enlisted my friend Laura to come up with a ghoulish playlist. Thus, the Hip Hop Halloween playlist came to be.
Laura has a wealth of music knowledge and a knack for making playlists, so I asked her the impossible: I requested a Hip Hop Halloween playlist. You see, a couple years ago Laura had made an incredible Hip Hop Holiday playlist, so I thought I'd bank on lightning striking twice. I said as long as there was some mentions of ghosts, the paranormal, or any monsters that it was fair game.
She came up with a great hour and 40 minute playlist that's super danceable and fun. Not so upbeat that you'd feel awkward sitting and chatting; but the music still has a great, spooky energy. I hope you enjoy it!
A Hip Hop Halloween Playlist
1. Somebody's Watching Me – Rockwell
2. A Nightmare on My Street – DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince
3. Freaks Come Out at Night – Whodini
4. Ghostbusters – Ray Parker, Jr.
5. Moster – Kanye West
6. Nightmare – Dana Dane
7. Dr. Frankenstein – Ice Cube
8. Transylvania – Tyler, The Creator
9. Mind of a Lunatic – Geto Boys
10. Skream – Bone Thugs–N-Harmony, Kokane
11. Gremlins – Danny Brown
12. IxC999 – White Ring
13. I Am A Psycho – Tech N9ne
14. Interview with a Vampire – Ras Kass
15. D'evils – JAY-Z
16. Devil Son – Big L
17. The Walking Dead – ILL Bill, Ruste Juxx
18. Nightmare – Tyler, The Creator
19. Murda Something – A$AP Ferg, Waka Flocka Flame
20. Terrorist Threats – Ab-Soul, Danny Brown, Jhene Aiko
21. King Night – Salem
22. Sick – Salem
23. Talk – Faces, xxyyxx
→ Listen to the playlist online: A Hip Hop Halloween Playlist at Spotify
If Laura hadn't helped, I probably would have made people listen to something like this. What are your favorite Halloween party songs? It doesn't have to be hip hop; anything goes!