A Grey Galley Kitchen and 20 Recipes for Roasted Veggies This Time Last Year
Last year, we toured a kitchen perfect for those of us who love the long grey days of winter. We were also crazy for roasted vegetables, made maple taffy in the snow, and found the perfect rolling pantry carts. Get these and more, all below!
The posts pictured above are in bold below.
• Roasting is our favorite way to get the most flavor out of our favorite winter vegetables.
• Have a small, narrow pantry? You might like these rolling pantry shelves.
• No matter how you feel about garlic, it’s easy to change its intensity in any dish you cook.
• Any renter has experienced the joy that is cabinet doors that will not fully close. Here’s how to fix that problem.
• What a beautiful box for storing vegetables over the winter!
• We always wondered how to make maple taffy in the snow just like Laura Ingalls Wilder.
• And here are more sweet treats we can make with maple syrup.
• Some great ideas for using the peels from all the citrus we’ve been eating lately.
• This mocha crunch oatmeal sounds perfect for a cold morning.
• An all-grey kitchen feels so soothing and meditative to us.
• Fennel and radicchio are the perfect combination for a winter salad.
• We’ve been dreaming of this lemon-scented pull-apart loaf ever since we made it a year ago!
• We love our pets, but keeping them away from food can definitely be a challenge.
• Oven-braised short ribs are an easy make-ahead meal – and they make the house smell so good.
• Have you ever baked with agave? Here are some tips for substituting it for the sugar in our favorite recipes.
A Year Ago and A Week: Granny Forks and a Truly Micro Kitchen