A Genius Way to Store Pots, Pans, and Their Lids
We never tire of discovering new ways to store pots and pans. Just because they’re essential to cooking doesn’t mean we don’t find storing them to be a pain in the neck sometimes, especially the lids. So any clever way to stack, separate, or organize pots and pans is always a welcome tip in our book!
That’s why this photo hit the spot with us. Hanging pans? Not new. Hanging pans and their lids from a few stainless steel dowel pins directly above the countertop? New and unusual, but also kind of brilliant.
This kitchen is part of the London home of Maureen Vazquez, which was recently featured on Design Mom. Before the family moved to London, they lived in a small New York apartment, and still arrange things that way — especially in the kitchen! As Maureen says: “Even in our larger kitchen here, we still hang everything within an arm’s reach of the stove. I’ll never go back to knives in a drawer or pots in a cupboard.”
If you look closely you’ll notice that the stainless steel dowels used for the pots and pans are actually supports for the glass shelves. There must not have been room for a pot rack, so Maureen just removed one of the glass shelves, hung a few S-hooks, and then used the dowels as a cookware rack.
That’s creative reuse at its finest! Smart, huh?
See the Full Tour → Living with Kids: Maureen Vazquez at Design Mom
More Cookware Storage Ideas from The Kitchn
- 15 Ways to Store Your Pots and Pans (All from Our Kitchen Tours!)
- 5 Brilliant Ways to Store Your Pots and Pans
- Better Kitchen Organization: File Your Pots and Pans in Drawers
- Smart Idea: Use a Wire Organizer, Stacked on Its Side, to Store Your Pans
- Before & After: A Better Way to Organize Pots and Pans in the Cupboard
- Look! A Low-Hanging Pot Rack
- A Totally Mess-Free Way to Store Pot Lids: Adhesive Hooks