A Controversial Kitchen & The Perfect Super Bowl Snack This Time Last Year
A year later, we still have mixed feelings about this lovely, if overly pristine, kitchen. Revisit it for yourself after the jump, plus a recipe for Super Bowl brownie bars that have everything but the kitchen sink, tip from Alton Brown on making delicious smoothies, and a round-up of fresh and easy snacks to pack for lunch.
The images above are in bold below.
• This kitchen stirred up a lot of debate when it was featured in House Beautiful. What do you think about it a year later?
• A bowl of piping hot vegetarian pho with chewy noodles sounds like the perfect mid-winter soup.
• Some thoughts on cooking with kids.
• These Emile Henry dishes are still on our wish list!
• Alton Brown has some excellent tips on making smoothies that you’ll crave day after day.
• This robin’s egg blue kitchen has several little details that any of us can add to our kitchen.
• A simmer plate is super handy for letting soups and braises bubble away on the back burner.
• Rose Levy Beranbaum’s Lemon Butter Bars? Yes, please.
• Save your empty oatmeal tins and use them all around the house.
• Macaroni and cheese with brie and mushrooms is a grown-up version of our favorite comfort food.
• And to make up for the indulgence, check out these fresh and easy snacks to eat the next day.
• Chili 3000 blend from Penzeys is our go-to chili powder even a year later.
• A round-up of stools and chairs to put in the corner of any kitchen.
• We make this beef and barley stew all winter long.
• For people who have started baking their own bread, here’s how tell when it’s finished baking.
• The inside scoop on Amore, our favorite brand of tomato paste.
• Everything but the…These sugar-loaded bar cookies will definitely hit the spot at your Super Bowl Party!
A Year Ago and a Week: Reducing Exposure to BPA & Homemade English Muffins