A Brief History of Loading the Dishwasher; Is This the Most Beautiful Beer Bottle of All Time?
- For your daily dose of funny, read The New Yorker’s “Dishwasher-Loading Techniques Throughout History,” which chronicles how humankind loaded the dishwasher from the Paleolithic era up to Colonial India. For example, in Dynastic China “Confucius suggested that scraping off the food and pre-rinsing dishes in the sink was not always necessary but always wise.” What a smart man.
- Every beer from Tröegs Brewing Company includes a gorgeous hand-drawn label, but their latest creation, Wild Elf, might be the most beautiful of them all. It doesn’t hurt that the beer actually tastes good, too.
- If you’re completely obsessed with Netflix’s Stranger Things, you’re in for a treat. Bon Appétit sat down with Eleven, or Millie Bobby Brown, to talk about ice cream, Eggo waffles, and what she eats on set.
- In her photo series titled “Waste Not,” Aliza Eliazarov features gorgeous displays of food that grocery stores and markets believed were dumpster-worthy. Instead of photographing the dumpster full of food, Eliazarov chose to shoot the “wasted” food in her home studio to highlight that it is still appetizing.
- It was announced on Monday that Matthew McConaughey is the new Creative Director for Wild Turkey bourbon. McConaughey will write and direct advertising spots, appear in a documentary about the brand, as well as help record music for Wild Turkey. Now that’s how you broaden your resumé.
Published: Aug 2, 2016