9 Mugs That Will Make You a Happy Camper
We don’t mind roughing it. Forgoing TV, a comfy bed, and hair gel? No problem. Just don’t take our coffee away. Ever. A proper drinking vessel is essential, too. It should be something that’s sturdy but soothing, and can also keep beverages at the proper temperature. Here’s a taste of the coolest camping mugs currently out there. (And P.S.: If you aren’t the caffeinated camper type, these work just as well for tea or cocoa on those chilly camp mornings and even chillier nights.)
1. MiiR Camp Cup, $20 at MiiR: This cup puts a new twist on an old campfire favorite. Made of stainless steel, it has double-wall insulation to keep your beverage hot — and it comes in three different colors.
2. YETI Rambler Tumbler, Starts at $30 at YETI: Designed for the serious outdoor enthusiast and serious coffee drinker, the Rambler Tumbler has stainless steel and double-wall vacuum insulation to keep up to 30 ounces of java hot or cold for hours.
3. Planetary Design Double Shot French Press Travel Mug, $32 at Amazon: This 14-ounce mug doesn’t just hold your coffee; it actually brews it, too. It has a built-in French press and double filtration, as well as a secret storage compartment for extra coffee grounds or tea leaves.
4. Snow Peak Ti-Double 450 Mug, $60 at Camp Saver: This mug is made to travel, with foldable handles that make it easy to squeeze into any pack. It’s small but mighty, thanks to titanium and a double-wall construction that can keep beverages warm almost the entire day.
5. Sea to Summit X-Mug, $13 at REI: If you’re looking to travel light, this dishwasher-safe mug can slim down to a mere 1/2 inch in thickness.
6. Seamless & Steadfast Enamel Cups, $32 for 2 at Best Made Company: This pair will spark old-school campfire feels, but know that it’s built to last with a double dip of enamel and a finish that’s baked by WWII-era machinery.
7. KUPILKA 21 Cup, $19 at Camp Saver: It may look like something you cobbled in a spontaneous art class, but the KUPILKA is truly unique. That’s because it’s durable, holds in heat, and is 100 percent recyclable.
8. Camp Mug, $25 at Illustratus: Camping mugs can be cute, too. This collection is also pretty durable, not to mention dishwasher-safe.
9. Zojirushi Stainless Steel Vacuum Mug, $26 at Amazon: This mug was made for drinking — and for travel. The safety lock promises a spill-free journey, keeping drinks hot or cold for hours. Just don’t call it a thermos!