9 Cozy Kitchens with Fireplaces
The week leading up to Halloween always tends to be dreary, which makes us want to cozy up with a cup of tea in front of a fireplace. Since we don’t have fireplaces in our kitchens, we’ll just have to do the next best thing: imagine ourselves hanging out in one of these warm and inviting spaces.
- Wood-Burning Stove – Bruce Hemming Photography: Our favorite part about this kitchen (in addition to the fireplace with the stove) is the copper pot display hanging above it.
- Stone Fireplace – Archer & Buchanan Architects: The combination of the stone wall and exposed beams works perfectly in this farmhouse kitchen. We can imagine spending a lot of time here each weekend.
- Brownstone Kitchen – Ben Herzog Architects: Not only does this kitchen in the back half of a Brooklyn brownstone have a ton of light, but it also boasts a great brick fireplace.
- Colorful Kitchen – Phinney Design Group: This multicolored kitchen has the added benefit of a full stonework hearth. We can imagine it makes chilly nights feel a lot more manageable.
- Eclectic French Kitchen – David Michael Miller Associates: This French-style kitchen has a stunning open hearth at its heart. We love the reclaimed wood dining set to complete the space.
- Traditional Farmhouse – Archer & Buchanan Architects: Proof that not all kitchen fireplaces have to be rustic stone affairs, this brick-lined hearth feels right at home in a traditionally styled kitchen.
- Pizza Oven Style – RAO Design Studio: This traditional brick fireplace has a distinctly pizza oven-inspired style that feels right at home in a family kitchen.
- Kitchen Lounge – SLC Interiors: For anyone who likes company while they cook, we’re betting it would be easy to entice your friends or family to come sit by the fire in this kitchen.
- Beach House Kitchen – Pine Street: This beach house remodel, complete with double ovens and a fireplace, looks like a great place to visit when you want to escape the everyday.