Hominy is one of those things for which I've just recently developed an appreciation, and I have a hunch I'm not alone. It's star ingredient in a pazole and some Peruvian ceviche I recently enjoyed, and I think it's time hominy got its due — especially with fall just around the corner.
Hominy is a good change of pace from corn. The kernels are bigger, and they tend to soak up more of the flavors around them. For that reason, they are perfect for a pazole or ceviche — the two dishes that led me to writing this post.
Have you had hominy lately?
Maybe give it a shot in this week's menu with some of these recipes...
• Shrimp Soup with Black Beans and Hominy - Food & Wine
• Hominy Quesadillas - Sweet Life Bake
• Pork and Hominy Posole - The Noshery
• Spicy Chicken and Hominy Soup - Foodie Crush
• Corn and Hominy Chowder - Jacques Pépin
• Vegetarian Pozole
• Quinoa with Black Beans and Hominy - Giada de Laurentiis
• Baked Spiced Corn Nuts