75 Expert Essentials for Home Cooks in 2013
From professional chefs, to wildly popular cookbook authors, and also TV food personalities – they all find time to cook at home. Even though home cooks might not necessarily be their target audience in their professional life, we can learn a lot from their kitchen wisdom.
The 15 posts included in this roundup are the popular posts in the Expert Essentials series from the last year. From the importance of keeping your knife sharp, to aiming for simple, nurturing cooking at home, each expert gave 5 (and sometimes more) essential lessons for the home cook.
When you need a little help in the kitchen or just want some motivation to cook, turn to these posts for essential advice:
- 1 Mollie Katzen’s 5 Essentials for Becoming a Great Home Cook
- 2 Jane Hirshfield’s 5 Poetic Essentials for the Home Cook
- 3 Isa Chandra Moskowitz’s 5 Essentials for Wildly Delicious (Not Necessarily Vegan) Weeknight Meals
- 4 Nigel Slater’s (Short and Charming) 5 Essentials for the Home Cook
- 5 5 Essentials for Solo Cooks from Joe Yonan
- 6 Ben Corey-Moran’s 5 Essentials for Making the Best Cup of Coffee Possible
- 7 Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s Veg-centric 5 Essentials for Home Cooks
- 8 Kathy Hester’s 5 Essentials for Fun, Healthy, and Delicious Slow Cooking
- 9 David Tanis’ 5 Uncomplicated Essentials for the Home Cook
- 10 Annie Somerville’s 5 Simple Essentials for Home Cooks
- 11 Fuchsia Dunlop’s 5 Chinese-Inspired Essentials for Home Cooks
- 12 Joyce Goldstein’s 5 Simple But Important Essentials for Home Cooks
- 13 Allison Carroll Duffy’s 5 Essential Things Every Home Canner Should Know
- 14 5 Essentials for the Home Cook from Cowgirl Creamery
- 15 5 Essentials for Home Cooks from Sam Mogannam of Bi-Rite Grocery
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn’s Best of 2013 roundup!
From December 21 through January 3 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year. We’ll also share guest posts, special holiday features, and a sparkling Winter Glam Cocktail Party, the final installment in our2013 Gatherings from The Kitchn. Happy Holidays!