7 Ways To Use Juicer Pulp
The moisture content of the pulp varies depending on the juicer, so we imagine there would be some trial-and-error involved, but here are some interesting ideas and recipes.
1. Sweet cakes: There are a lot of carrot pulp cake recipe out there, but we’re particularly drawn to this Carrot Pulp Cake with Maple-Orange Cream Cheese Frosting from Always Order Dessert.
2. Savory cakes: Vegtutor’s vegan Carrot Cakes (Mock Crab Cakes) are made with fresh carrot pulp and brown rice.
3. Marmalade: From 1977, a recipe for Carrot Pulp Marmalade.
4. Muffins: Apple and carrot pulp go into this recipe for Carrot Apple Ginger Tea Cakes from Food Thinkers.
6. Dehydrator crackers: If we had a dehydrator, we’d be trying these high fiber Juice Pulp Crackers posted at Choosing Raw.
7. Pasta: Add carrot, kale, beet, or other types of pulp to spaghetti sauce or layer it into a lasagna.
We look forward to reading your suggestions in the comments!
(Image: Emily Ho)