7 Salad Containers Perfect for Leak-Proof Lunches
The road to lunch is paved with good intentions. You pack a gorgeous, veggie-filled salad for your midday meal, only to find at noon that it’s soggy, sodden, and completely unappetizing. But it’s not the salad that’s the problem — it’s your container! These salad holders keep greens crisp, dressing unspilled, and your plans for a healthy, homemade lunch unspoiled.
1. Fit & Fresh Chilled Salad Shaker Container, $8 from Amazon: This container not only has a reusable ice pack to keep greens crisp, but also a twist-and-release dispenser for mess-free dressing.
2. Frigidaire Lunch Box System, $6 from Amazon: Keeping salad toppings separate is the key to that satisfying crunch. This box holds your add-ons until you’re ready to toss them together.
3. LunchBlox® Salad Kit, $11 from Rubbermaid: Lunch is literally a snap with this modular set. It features a container, a toppings tray, and a dressing container, so salad components stay fresh until it’s time to eat.
4. HappyTiffin Stainless Steel Bento Box, $30 from Amazon: Perfect for grain salads, this leak-proof bento box has four sections for separating snacks and mains.
5. Salad Blaster Bowl, $9 from Amazon: Hate the mess of leaky salad dressing? In this bowl, your greens get dressed with the push of a button (and no explosions to clean up).
6. Ball® Regular Mouth Quart Mason Jars, $11 for 12 from Fresh Preserving Store: There’s a reason these jars have withstood the test of time: they’re durable, good-looking, and hold a perfectly layered salad with ease.
7. Sistema Klip It Collection Salad To Go Food Storage Container, $8 from Amazon: Easy-locking clips and a dressing compartment keep spills at bay with this container — and there’s even a fork included, too.