7 Hearty Vegan Sandwiches That Don’t Mess Around
I am decidedly pro-meat and cheese. Nothing gives me more joy than thin slices of prosciutto and creamy goat cheese. But sometimes when I’m feeling a little bogged down during the week, I like eating something that will give me energy and won’t throw me into a midday food coma. Step in: vegan sandwiches.
These aren’t just any vegan sandwiches though — they are heartier than your average veggie delight. These things mean business.
The key to a good vegan or vegetarian sandwich, of course, is always the spread: white bean spread, olive tapenade, or an interesting hummus.
- BBQ Tempeh Sandwich – The First Mess
- Swiss Chard & White Bean Grilled Sandwich – Sunday Morning Banana Pancakes
- Tofu Banh Mi – Thrifty Veggie Mama
- Curried Tofu Salad Sandwich
- Grilled Veggie Wrap Loaded with Garam Masala & Carrot Hummus – Lana Pribic
- Mashed Chickpea Salad Sandwich – The Simple Veganista
- Mini Roasted Corn & White Bean Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Ancho-Chili Cashew Cheese – Keepin’ It Kind
What are your favorite vegan sandwiches? Leave your recommendations in the comments!
(Images: As Linked)