7 Fake Fruits for Your Fall Centerpiece
Autumn is the harvest season, when nature provides us with the perfect props for tabletop decorating. But, let’s be honest: Real fruit can get a tad bit messy. Fortunately, there’s a ton of fake fruit hitting the market, and we’re not talking about your grandma’s dusty plastic bananas. These finds are fresh-looking, affordable, and they’ll keep until next year (and many years after).
- Artificial Red Apples, $14.95 at Pier 1 Imports: Apples are perhaps the most quintessential autumn fruit. Include a couple in your centerpiece — this set comes with six ruby reds — and feel instantly transported to leisurely days spent at an orchard.
- Sonoma Goods for Life Artificial Pear Vase Fillers, $9.99 at Kohl’s: This set of vase fillers comes with five large and 12 small pears so you can go monochromatic or mix and match.
- Silk Plants Direct Pomegranate, $26.99 at Silk Plants Direct: If you want to add a touch of sophistication, these faux pomegranates, which come in shades of red, orange, and yellow, are your new go-to.
- Persimmon Branch, $34.50 at Pottery Barn: While persimmons are a bit polarizing — you either love them or you hate them — there’s no denying their beauty. We especially love this elegant persimmon branch.
- Cranberry Bowl Filler, $14.95 at Crate and Barrel: You know it’s fall when you start craving cranberries! These faux berries add the perfect pop of color to your centerpiece, too.
- Factory Direct Fall Harvest Mini Pumpkins, $13.99 at Amazon: While squash isn’t technically fruit, these bright little pumpkins add an undeniable touch of autumn in your home.
- Bag of Gourds Set of 2, $19.98 at World Market: If you want an extra dose of squash, this bag of gourds is your friend. With vivid hues of orange, red, and green, these dainty gourds encapsulate the best of the season.