6 Enviable Celebrity Kitchens
We don’t normally get caught up in the world of celebrity here on The Kitchn, but when so many of the rich and famous have stellar kitchens, it’s hard to resist taking a peek inside their homes.
Here’s a look at a few of our favorite celebrity kitchens. Consider it your Monday midmorning escape.
- Lauren Conrad – InStyle: It’s no surprise that Lauren Conrad has such an immaculate and stylish kitchen filled with some of our favorite design elements, like white subway tile, a farmhouse sink, and organized open shelving.
- Julianne Moore – Hooked on Houses: The actress’s kitchen looks shockingly simple. Yes, the appliances are top of the line, and there’s plenty of space, but we love that the decor is fairly minimal, which allows the exposed brick to really shine. Of course, there has to be a little whimsy with those bright turquoise bar stools.
- Diane Keaton – Architectural Digest: Would you have expected Diane Keaton to have such a colorful kitchen? The tiles on the counter were a swap meet score, and the quote above the archway is a modification of a Robert Frost line.
- Brooke Shields – Better Homes & Gardens: This is the kitchen in Shields’s house in the Hamptons. We can think of no better place to enjoy lobster rolls or grilled corn than sitting at this bright counter.
- Elton John – Architectural Digest: Given all his elaborate and colorful costumes over the years, this kitchen decor could be considered tame. But we do love the bold color-block effect and all the sculptural elements.
- Lena Dunham – Hooked on Houses: In addition to her Brooklyn apartment, Dunham bought this house in Los Angeles this year. The kitchen might not be what you’d expect from the Girls creator, but the house has some history (it was owned by George Peppard who starred in Breakfast at Tiffany’s with Audrey Hepburn).