7 Beautiful Biscuits to Bake for Your Soup Supper
In case you haven’t noticed, we’ve been celebrating soup this month at The Kitchn — but soup alone does not make a meal (well, usually!). Homemade biscuits, for crumbling, dunking, and dipping are a weekend treat we’d like to offer you. Here are seven recipes, from the most simple to the sublime — yes, I’m talking about bacon-cheddar skillet biscuits.
A hot, flaky, tender biscuit is such a great pleasure, especially when served with a bowl of earthy mushroom soup, or a mug of chicken broth.
→ A tip for the flakiest biscuits: A No-Fuss Method for Tender & Flaky Biscuits Every Time
My favorite pairing, though, has to be those yeasted angel biscuits with this ham and bean soup — smoky and tangy together.
7 Beautiful Biscuit Recipes
- How To Make Classic Buttermilk Biscuits – Truly a classic.
- How To Make Cream Biscuits In Less Than 15 Minutes – Biscuits on the quick.
- Biscuit Butter Dips – Don’t be put off by the funny shape; that’s part of the charm of these butter-bake treats.
- Buttery Lemon Angel Biscuits – Yeast and baking powder together make these light and tender, the perfect marriage of biscuit and roll.
- Herbed Yogurt Biscuits – Biscuits with a tang.
- Bacon and Cheddar Cheese Biscuits – Bacon, and cheddar. Done.
- Sweet Potato Biscuits & Maple Butter – A sweet and special twist.