6 Smart Ways to Make Use of Your Cabinet Doors
When you live in a small space, you have to get creative. One of the most underused spaces in our kitchens might be the insides of our cabinet doors. There are any number of ways to put that space to use — from organizing pot lids to keeping your plastic wrap under control. Here are six ways to make the most of your newfound space.
- Measuring Cups – My So-Called Home: Keep your measuring cups and spoons from banging against your cabinet door by adding a layer of cork. Bonus: You can use pushpins to add notes and recipes to the cork board.
- Pot Lid Organizer – Instructables: We’ve seen plenty of ways to organize your pot lids on the inside of your cabinet doors, but this might be the easiest — and lowest commitment if you use removable hooks.
- Cooking Wraps – The Wandmaker’s Mother: Not only does this make use of the unused space on your cabinet door, but it uses those old magazine files that are collecting dust around your home. Brilliant!
- Spice Rack – Wisdom of the Moon: With just a couple of metal strips, you can turn your doors into an easy-to-use and easy-to-organize spice rack. Just be sure to leave spaces for your shelves, as they did in this photo.
- Cooking Utensils – Jenna Burger Design: You could just use 3M hooks for this job as well, but we love the more put-together look of this cabinet. The wood piece with the hooks is glued to the wallpaper, so it should be removable in the end as well.
- Garbage Bags – Martha Stewart: If your garbage bags come on a roll, this is a no-brainer. Simply hang a couple of dowels on the inside of the cabinet below your sink, and you won’t have to deal with a jumble of boxes anymore.