Do you have kids? Are you really (really) into hygge? You could build your own fort this weekend (and we highly recommend it), but if you don't want to go through the trouble, there are tons of indoor tents you can buy. They're usually meant for children, which means they can be pretty small, but they're at least big enough for a single adult — and a book.
Note: They can get pretty expensive (especially compared to the free sheets and blankets you already have in your linen closet), so this option is best for people who are seriously into the idea of hiding out.
- Neapolitan Playhouse, $129 at Land of Nod: Ice cream-lovers might get a kick out of this three-paneled tent.
- Gold Metallic Dot Teepee, $259 at Pottery Barn Kids: This teepee allows you to hide from the world, but still get a glimpse when you want to. The flaps can be tied open or left closed, and there are windows on opposite sides.
- Explorer Teepee, $60 at Target: Basically the opposite of camouflage, this bright tent — in a very '80s-like pattern — is sure to stand out.
- Cotton Canvas Teepee, $175 at Magic Cabin: Invite a friend for a sleepover! This seven-foot-tall tent has plenty of room for two adults to take a nap. To boot, this price includes LED lights and the whole thing can be used outside, too.
- Privacy Pop Bed Tent, from $130 at Bed Bath & Beyond: Technically meant for kids (college students?) who have to share a room, this tent fits on top of mattresses and is a good option if you don't want to crawl around on the floor but still want a fort experience.
- Hanging Play Tent, $148 at Wayfair: Just hang this from a hook in your ceiling (or a tree limb outside) and the sides can be positioned to make a hideaway that's as big or small as you want.