6 Tasty Dinners Featuring a Pint of Cherry Tomatoes
Ever find yourself with a pint of cherry tomatoes that are about to pass their peak? From grilling to roasting to blending, never fear, there couldn’t be more ways to rescue those sweet little tomatoes from waste, and you can just sub them into any recipe that calls for regular tomatoes.
We’ve compiled six of our favorite ways to feature cherry tomatoes for dinner tonight.
1. Grilled Cherry Tomato, Corn, and Goat Cheese Pizza – Grilled pizza can feature a host of ingredients and cherry tomatoes make for a delicious and gorgeous addition.
2. Polenta Tart with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes – Not your average weeknight dinner, this tart piled high with cherry tomatoes will be a showstopper on your dinner table.
3. Pasta with Slow-Roasted Tomato Sauce – If you find yourself with a couple of pints of cherry tomatoes, this is a great way to use them up and have sauce on hand for months to come.
4. Pasta with Uncooked Tomato Sauce – Too hot to want to stand at a stove for a long time? This recipe is ideal for cherry tomato season when they taste sweet and flavorful — let halved tomatoes marinate in olive oil, garlic, and basil for a few hours and serve over warm pasta.
5. Panzanella – The perfect leftovers salad, this recipe can be altered to fit whatever you have, including stale bread, herbs, and of course, cherry tomatoes.
6. Summer Gazpacho – The ultimate easy summer dish, gazpacho makes great use of ripe cherry tomatoes and is ready with a quick whirl of the blender.
And don’t forget our favorite tip for cutting a big batch of cherry tomatoes at once:
→ Read all about it: Quick and Easy Tip: Cut 15 Cherry Tomatoes in Half at Once!