When the temperatures climb into the triple digits, cooking is the last thing on my mind. But since one can't subsist on watermelon and Popsicles alone, I've armed myself with a roster of quick and easy dinners I know I can pull off — even on the hottest of summer nights.
From farmers market salads and grain bowls from the grill, to satisfying sandwiches and shrimp skewers, here are over 50 quick dinners that will save you.
Farmers Market Salads
Turn your farmers market or CSA haul into a big, fresh salad for dinner. These options come together in a flash for a refreshing summer dinner.
- Mediterranean Cauliflower Couscous Salad
- Upside-Down Taco Bowl
- Nigel Slater's Five-Spice Chicken & Pea Shoot Salad
- Italian Chopped Salad with Creamy Garlic Vinaigrette
- Light & Easy Broccoli Salad
- Summer Corn Salad
- Zucchini Noodle Salad with Parsley-Pistachio Pesto
- Spinach Salad with Warm Brown Butter Dressing
- Spicy Carnitas Salad Bowl
- Flank Steak Panzanella
- Chicken and Veggie Pesto Salad
Bean and Legume Salads
For a dinner salad that's guaranteed to be filling, start with your pantry. Protein-rich beans, chickpeas, and lentils are always good way to take a salad from side dish to main course.
- Chickpea, Barley & Zucchini Ribbon Salad with Mint and Feta
- Chickpea Waldorf Salad
- Tomato Chickpea Salad
- Chopped Chickpea Salad
- Spicy Salmon Black Bean Salad
- Cold Lentil Salad with Cucumbers and Olives
Don't reserve all those irresistible grain and pasta salads for potlucks — work them into your meal plan for easy weeknight dinners. Most can be made in advance and keep for a few days in the fridge. In other words, lunch for the next day is solved.
- Quinoa Tabbouleh
- Tex-Mex Quinoa Salad
- Grain Salad with Tomatoes, Corn and Basil
- Minted Summer Couscous with Watermelon and Feta
- Farro Salad with Arugula, Radishes & Goat Cheese
- Broccoli and Feta Pasta Salad
- Cold Sesame Chicken and Noodle Salad
- Pesto Tortellini Pasta Salad
When quick, easy, and satisfying are your dinner priorities, sandwich night is in order. Whether you're willing to turn on the stove or can't bear an ounce of extra heat, there's something here for you.
- Open-Faced Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- California BLT with Avocado and Basil Mayonnaise
- Caprese Sandwich for a Crowd
- Mozzacado Sandwich
- Summer Vegetables Sub Sandwich with Garlic Cream Cheese
- Sauerkraut and Sausage Roll
- Garlicky Broccoli Subs
- Naan Wraps with Homemade Cucumber Raita
- Sirloin Steak Sandwiches
- Caprese Grilled Cheese
- Pan Bagna
We're happy to jump at any opportunity to take our favorite dinners outdoors. From sausage to flatbread, and even grain bowls, skip the oven and fire up the grill for dinner.
- BBQ Ranch Chicken Bites
- Sausage & Potato Foil Packets
- Grilled Smoked Sausage Skewers with Three Zesty Sauces
- Bacon and Basil Wrapped Corn
- Smoky Portobello Mushroom Cheeseburgers
- Grilled Shrimp and Vegetable Grain Bowls
- Grilled Pesto Chicken Flatbreads
- How To Grill Juicy, Flavorful Shrimp
- How To Make Juicy, Flavorful Grilled Chicken Breast
Quick Stovetop Dinners
Hot or not, some meals are totally worth turning on the stove for. In case you need proof, these quick-cooking recipes will do the job and then some.
- Caramelized Eggplant & Onion Orzo
- Shrimp with White Beans, Spinach & Tomatoes
- Scallops with White Wine Beurre Blanc & Lemon Orzo
- Eggs with Summer Tomatoes, Zucchini, and Bell Peppers
- No-Chop Cold Veggie Noodle Bowls With Soy Lime Vinaigrette
- Crispy White Beans with Greens and Poached Egg
- Spinach and Refried Bean Quesadillas
- 10-Minute Black Bean Tacos