5 Shark Gadgets for Anyone Obsessed with Shark Week
Shark! Shark Week, that is! Discovery’s week-long celebration kicks off on Sunday, July 23 at 7 p.m. Of course, you probably already knew that. After all, it’s the single greatest week of the year — if you love sharks.
While we’re all for sitting on the couch for a week, binging all shows shark-related, you’ve gotta eat too. Luckily for you, there are tons of shark-themed gadgets that you can use to deck out your kitchen. Just try not to go too overboard. (See what we did there?)
- Sharky Floating Tea Infuser, $13 at Stash: Use this infuser to chum the water, er, to turn water into tea. That’s what we meant. Just use any loose-leaf tea you like and the fin will glide along the surface of the water.
- Lemon Shark Juicer, $9 at Mcphee: You’ve heard of punching sharks in the nose (something we’d be too scared to ever do!), but have you heard of using a shark’s nose to juice a lemon? Maybe just stick to trying it with this juicer instead of with a real-life shark.
- Shark Attack White Porcelain Mug, $9.50 at Retro Planet: This mug looks totally unassuming — until you start to finish off your coffee. As you sip, the scary shark hiding at the bottom starts to poke out. Watch out for your nose!
- Shark Tea Towel, $11 at HeapsHandworks: Dry off your dishes (and your hands, if you’re feeling daring!) with this screen-printed tea towel. It’s safer than petting a real shark.
- Shark Mounted Bottle Opener, $15 at Target: We’d like this bottle opener so much more if the shark’s scary teeth could pry the tops off our bottles, but it’s still pretty cool.
If you really love sharks, you might be interested in this Shark Week Jello Terrarium.
How will you be celebrating Shark Week?