5 Hearty Vegan Appetizers That Aren’t Made of Salad
Although I eat meat, I don’t eat it as often as most carnivore-leaning types I know. (I can hear my BBQ-master father sighing all the way from Kansas City.) When picking appetizers for a crowd, I usually prefer to go vegan so everyone can partake, but seriously, you can only eat so much lettuce. Here are five satisfying, delicious vegan appetizers that everyone will enjoy.
We feel that any appetizer, vegan or not, should be a showstopper. It’s what gets your guests fired up for what’s to come and sets the tone for the entire evening. These five options are perfect for meat-eaters and plant-eaters alike!
- Moroccan-Spiced Carrot Hummus: Kick that plain old hummus to the curb and try this carrot-y, spiced-up version.
- Roasted Mushrooms with Herbs: Serve little scoops of this warm appetizer on top of crostini, or serve it in a communal bowl and let guests help themselves! A little sour cream on the side is a nice addition for non-vegan guests, too.
- Creamy Vegan Cashew Tomato Soup: This soup can be spiced up or down according to your tastes. Serve it in shooters, small espresso mugs, or inside a large warmed roll — mini bread bowl style!
- Vegan Corn Tamales: Food served in its own wrapper is amazing. Plus, they hold their heat and moisture and will set you apart from all the other dinner parties on the block.
- Salty, Savory, Sexy, Scrumptious, Smooth, and Spreadable Vegan Dip: This dip looks simple, but its flavors are complex and will have all your guests buttering you up for the recipe!