Larger kitchens might call them "supplementary". But for small kitchens, a two-burner cooktop can be a great space-saving option. There are nice gas models out there priced from $1,000 to $250, and they're perfect for a single person or couple's very small kitchen.
Generally at about 12" in width, these cooktops are serious appliances, but are sized for seriously small kitchens:
• 1 Miele CombiSet CS1012 at, $949 at AJ Madison
• 2 Fagor 2MFA2GLSX, $599 at AJ Madison
• 3 Delonghi DEGCT212FX , $459 at US Appliance
• 4 RambleWood Green GCT2-53CP induction cooktop, $260
• 5 Gaggenau Vario 200 Series VG232, pricing unavailable
Do you use a two-burner cooktop in your kitchen?
(Images: as linked above)