5 Sunny Yellow Kitchen Accessories
When you think happy thoughts, what color comes to mind? Yellow, right? Maybe it’s because smiley faces are almost always yellow. Or maybe it’s because the sun is yellow and that means summer fun? Who knows, but studies find that happier people prefer yellow and that the color is associated with cheerfulness, hope, and fun.
Pick up some of these cheery yellow accessories and you’ll be sure to have more fun in your kitchen. It’s simple science!
- Yellow Oven Mitt and Pot Holder, from $8 at Crate & Barrel: Is it acceptable to wear these oven mitts outside to play in the snow?
- Alta Reactive Glaze Dinnerware Set, from $24 for four at West Elm: Way more fun than boring white dishes, this stoneware set features a very subtle ombré effect.
- Coasters, $18 for four at Most Modest: Maybe your visitors will remember to use coasters if you have these bright ones (made of rubber and cork) sitting out. Hint, hint!
- Honeycomb Cast Iron Paper Towel Holder, $15 at At Home: It’ll be hard to get too upset over spills when you have to hit up this sunny holder for cleanup.
- Sprout Cafe Table, $899 at Blu Dot: This little guy is 35 inches in diameter, so it’ll fit in the tiniest breakfast nooks.