5 Smart Ways to Use Tahini
Tahini is one of those pantry items that has a knack for getting lost in the cupboard. We think of it as an essential ingredient in hummus and baba ganoush, but what else? Tahini is capable of so much more.
Here are five smart and delicious ideas that show how tahini can go anywhere.
→ Make your own tahini! How To Make Tahini
5 Versatile Places to Use Tahini
1. Salad Dressing – If you’ve never tried tahini dressing, now is the time! Just a few spoonfuls of this savory sesame paste make a dressing that’s rich, creamy, and super velvety, without being heavy or overbearing.
2. Dips – We all know tahini is the shining star ingredient in hummus, but that’s not all it’s good for. Tahini offers creaminess and rich flavor to all types of dip. Try mixing it with sour cream for a nutty, tangy dip for pita chips or crudite.
3. Granola – Have you ever added nut butter to your homemade granola? Well, tahini works very much the same way. The big exception is that it’s even better than nut butter.
4. Smoothies – I credit my local juice shop with this. They recently added a new smoothie to the menu, which includes none other than tahini. I was skeptical at first, but too intrigued not to try it. One sip and I was hooked. If you enjoy smoothies with nut butter, you’ll also be into using tahini.
5. Cookies and Brownies – Tahini has the power to really elevate the flavor of simple desserts, like cookies and brownies. Like nut butter, it offers a touch of savory, earthy flavor that really works well with the sweetness.
What’s your favorite way to use tahini?