Has anyone else noticed that there is this icky flu-like virus going around that everyone seems to have? Are you prepared for it to hit your own home? When it does, make sure you're armed and ready with these 5 meals that all throw together in an instant if you're the first to catch it. You'll be able to cook without the fear of diseasing your entire family — even if you're heavily medicated!
1. Chicken Soup with Herb Dumplings: This recipe is exactly why you should always have a little roasted chicken in your freezer from a previous meal. It's perfect to toss in this simple soup that is not only good for you, but easy to make (and even easier with a few frozen veggies)
2. Basic Oven Omelet: It is a proven fact that you can eat breakfast foods at any time of the day. This one literally requires you to be able to open your fridge, take out leftovers and throw them together with some egg and stuff it in the oven. Don't forget to set a timer!
3. Baked Potato Soup With Bacon, Onion & Cheddar: Depending on what kind of sick you are, this recipe may or may not be something your stomach can handle (helllloooo dairy!), but that doesn't mean it won't feed your entire household for a few days. Bake your potatoes during a nap or two and the whole recipe comes together in literal seconds — all you really wanted was some toast anyway.
4. Cream Biscuits In Less Than 15 Minutes: Ok so biscuits themselves aren't exactly a meal. But add a fried egg, some gravy, potentially a luncheon mean and cheese and you're all set. These don't even require kneading, just mix, form, cut and done... now where's the sofa and some more tissues?
5. Cheetos: Ok, so they're not really a meal and Emma didn't really intend them to be when she wrote this previous post, but the comments are filled with 100+ confessions of super simple meal ideas that range from snacks to leftovers (we won't tell you how old). Remember, if you're too out of it to be near the stove, there's no shame in saying junk food night!
(Image: As listed above)