5 Pretty Plant Misters for Your Kitchen Herb Garden
Perhaps, like me, you have always dreamed of having an indoor herb garden to add freshness and flavor to your dishes with basically zero effort. In my mind, the scenario goes something like this: I’m thinking about what to make for breakfast and I decide I’ll whip up a frittata, making use of those eggs I picked up at the farm, that last nub of goat cheese, and, of course, herbs from my garden!
Needless to say, this has never happened. But with the weather taking a chilly turn, and months ahead of hearty stews and soups that could definitely benefit from fresh herbs, I’m feeling motivated to finally (finally) make my kitchen herb garden a reality. And I have this smart and stylish setup, using IKEA’s RÅSKOG utility cart, to thank.
It feels plentiful, yet achievable — and, of course, I’ll need a cute mister to get the full effect. Here are five I have my eye on.
- Haws Nickel Plant Mister, $29 at Kaufmann Mercantile: You can’t go wrong with the classic design of the British-made mister, which also comes in brass.
- Tinted Glass Plant Mister, $14 at Terrain: If ever there was a sweet reminder to give your budding herb garden some attention, it’s this glass and brass mister. Perhaps the green hue will inspire your green thumb?
- Metal & Glass Plant Mister, $14 at Terrain: Or, for a look that’s a bit more industrial and a bit less precious, consider this metal and glass version, also from Terrain.
- Brass Plant Mister, $29.95 at CB2: This mini mister provides just the right amount of splash — and, since it’s real brass and will develop a patina, it will only get better with time.
- Vintage Milk Glass Plant Mister, $19 at Etsy: There’s just one of these circa 1980 milk-glass misters available, but Etsy is a treasure trove for vintage versions.