Every week we bring you our favorite posts from our friends at Serious Eats. This week they urge us to make something offbeat and non-lame for Valentine's Day. Plus, Caroline Russock is cooking her way through a few recipes from my book, Not Your Mother's Casseroles, and the SE team shows us how to make Almond Joys at home.
• 5 Non-Lame Treats to Make for Your Valentine - From coeur à la crème to homemade Oreos.
• Valentine's Day Cocktails for Lovers and Cynics - With a chocoholic's choice, Averna Buena, and a bitter tipple for the brokenhearted: Eeyore's Requiem.
• Cook The Book: Salted Caramel And Walnut Slice - Caroline cooks a dessert from my book, a take on millionaire's shortbread.
• Make Almond Joys from Scratch - Coconutty!
• Dinner Tonight: Fried Eggs With Mustard-Creamed Spinach And Breadcrumbs - Dressing up breakfast comfort food.
Previous Good Eats: How To Build an Edible Super Bowl Stadium
(Image: Robyn Lee/Serious Eats)