5 Non-Lame Treats to Make for Your Valentine
Every week we bring you our favorite posts from our friends at Serious Eats. This week they urge us to make something offbeat and non-lame for Valentine’s Day. Plus, Caroline Russock is cooking her way through a few recipes from my book, Not Your Mother’s Casseroles, and the SE team shows us how to make Almond Joys at home.
• 5 Non-Lame Treats to Make for Your Valentine – From coeur à la crème to homemade Oreos.
• Valentine’s Day Cocktails for Lovers and Cynics – With a chocoholic’s choice, Averna Buena, and a bitter tipple for the brokenhearted: Eeyore’s Requiem.
• Cook The Book: Salted Caramel And Walnut Slice – Caroline cooks a dessert from my book, a take on millionaire’s shortbread.
• Make Almond Joys from Scratch – Coconutty!
• Dinner Tonight: Fried Eggs With Mustard-Creamed Spinach And Breadcrumbs – Dressing up breakfast comfort food.
Previous Good Eats: How To Build an Edible Super Bowl Stadium
(Image: Robyn Lee/Serious Eats)