5 Kitchen-Ready Speakers So You Can Dance While You Cook
We don’t know about you, but a good speaker system is an essential part of our kitchens. If you’re going to spend some time cooking you’re going to need great tunes.
These five speakers will help you rock out while you dice, braise, and boil. No matter your budget or space, one of these will fit in your kitchen.
- Logitech UE Boom, $200: Rated the best “rugged” speaker by The Wirecutter, we like this Bluetooth speaker because if it’s good enough for camping, it will stand up to a few kitchen spills.
- iHome Under Cabinet Speaker, $33: If listening to the radio is more your style, (and you’re short on counter space), consider this radio and speaker combo that mounts under your cabinet.
- Giant Gem Speaker, $40: Okay, this one isn’t necessarily kitchen specific, but we couldn’t resist including it. And it plugs in to the headphone jack of your phone or tablet.
- Williams-Sonoma Smart Tools Bluetooth Speaker, $180: This little round speaker is designed to fit directly inside the matching iPad stand, making it easy to watch technique videos while you make a new recipe.
- Sonos Wireless HiFi, $200 and up: If you are ready to install a sound system in your whole house — including the kitchen — splurge for the Sonos system. You can customize the whole setup depending on the space you have.