5 Juice Recipes To Kickstart the New Year
It’s 2013. It’s time to start another year. It’s time to get back into the routine of our daily lives. And if you’re like me, it’s time to figure out a way shed the extra pounds gained from all those holiday treats. Oh, but aren’t they’re always worth it? From smoked turkey to ham, from sweet potatoes and broccoli cheese casserole to fudge and gingerbread men, I’ve indulged in just about every culinary delight over the past couple months. So perhaps it’s time to spend a few more minutes in the Mother Nature aisle, and get the new year kickstarted with some nourishing, healthy juice recipes.
Whether you own a juicer or are just thinking about getting one, one thing to note is that it requires dedication. You need a plan with a few go-to recipes that’ll help you develop a routine. I like to juice right after I get back from the grocery store over the weekend while the produce is still fresh and crisp, I’ll whip up a few batches of juice to enjoy throughout the week. Doing this all during the weekend prevents me from making excuses about not having the time during the busy work week — and as a bonus I just have to clean the machine once!
Try making some yourself with these recipes:
• Giada de Laurentiis’ Rise & Shine Juice: a green juice with lemon and ginger for zing.
• Martha Stewart’s Vegetable Cocktail: you likely won’t find fresh papaya this time of year so try subbing with papaya nectar or a fresh cantaloupe.
• Sweet P Juice: made with sweet potato, almond milk and cinnamon
• Sunset Blend: made with sweet potatoes, beets, and red bell pepper.
• Spicy Tart Kale Limeade: made with kale, lime, and ginger.
Do you have a favorite juice recipe?
(Images: Chris Perez)