5 Enlightened Ways to Use Table Lamps in the Kitchen
Sometimes overhead lighting just isn’t enough in your kitchen. If that’s the case, you’ll probably consider task lighting, spotlights, or another hardwired solution. Unless, of course, you’re a renter — then you’re stuck with whatever extra light you can work into your space.
We love the look of table lamps in the kitchen. Not only can they be a less expensive and less permanent solution, but when done right, they make a room feel polished and professionally styled. It’s not the most common solution, but it’s one we really like. Here are five smart examples of table lamps in the kitchen.
- Task Lighting – Logan Killen Interiors: This tiny lamp illuminates just the corner of the kitchen and is perfect for illuminating food prep.
- By the Sink – Lisa Gabrielson Interior Design: These pale blue lamps beautifully frame the sink in this farmhouse kitchen.
- Counter Divider – Scavullo Design Interiors: The divider in the middle of this island counter is the perfect place for a few lamps. It adds a warm glow to the space.
- Countertop – McGill Design Group: Because these white lamps are exactly the same color as the cabinets they blend into, they don’t make the kitchen feel cluttered.
- Simple Decoration – Lonny: Adding a figural lamp to your kitchen gives it a little more personality, along with the light.